We’re used to Nintendo only giving us a few things each week on their eShop updates. This week, though? This week is jam packed with releases. Digital releases of retail games, standard digital releases, WiiWare, a Game Boy Virtual Console release, a demo, even some New Super Mario Bros. 2 DLC! Get the full list after the break and stick around until after the list for even more news on upcoming eShop titles!
3DS eShop Releases
- Crosswords Plus – $29.99 – 1000+ crossword puzzled and other assorted word games
- Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone! – $29.99 – Make pretty pictures that you can’t hang on your fridge
- Cave Story – $9.99 – The 34th different Nintendo release of this game, classic style!
- Samurai G – $1.99 – One of those auto-running games you see on iOS, but now in 3D because…
- Academy: Chess Puzzles – $1.99 – Solve various chess scenarios without being called a nerd in middle school like I was… Jerks… (Also available on the Nintendo DSi Shop for 200 DSi Points)
- Dr. Mario (Game Boy Virtual Console) – $3.99 – It’s Dr. Mario. It’s awesome and it’s fun and it’s Dr. Mario.
- Pokémon Dream Radar – $3.99 – Augmented reality app that lets you catch Pokémon and send them to Pokémon Black 2 and White 2. (AVAILABLE OCTOBER 7TH)
- Style Savvy Trendsetters (DEMO) – Get your project runway on in this demo
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 DLC – $2.50 each – Three new Coin Rush packs
- Drop Zone: Under Fire – 500 Wii Points – A skydiving based rail shooter
If that all doesn’t get you excited for the future of Nintendo‘s digital offerings, plenty more information came out during a Nintendo Direct presentation today with details on upcoming Virtual Console releases, digital releases of more 3DS retail games, and other eShop titles.
The 3DS eShop will be seeing a trio of games from Level-5, a Pushmo sequel entitled Crashmo, and a meditative puzzler called NightSky. There will also be a sequel to the WiiWare title Fluidity releasing on the 3DS eShop called Fluidity: Spin Cycle and a really weird looking game that goes by the name Tokyo Crash Mobs.
Along with the above titles, there will also be a nice number of 3DS demos hitting the shop as well featuring titles such as Epic Mickey, LEGO Lord of the Rings, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, and a game I’m excited about, Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why’d You Steal Our Garbage?!! from the awesome dudes at WayForward!
On top of ALL OF THAT, October 18th will also see the digital eShop releases of a few Nintendo 3DS retail classics! Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, StarFox 64 3D, and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D will all hit the North American eShop in only two weeks on October 18th. All four games will sell for $39.99.
Lastly, the 3DS Virtual Console will see some great titles coming this year! Here’s what was announced and when we can expect to see them:
- Mario Golf (Game Boy) – October 11th
- Castlevania: The Adventure (Game Boy) – October 25th
- Ninja Gaiden (Presumably Game Boy) – November 8th
- Zelda II – The Adventure of Link (NES) – November 22nd
- Wario Land II (Game Boy) – December 20th
- Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (NES) – December 27th
All in all, it looks like a pretty eventful day in the world of the Nintendo 3DS eShop! So glad I got my sexy blue 3DS XL back this week! I mean, holy crap, that’s a ton of Nintendo news for one day! I probably could’ve gotten away with making like 3 different posts on all this and milking the news for hits, but I’m a nice guy who put it all in one spot for YOUR convenience.