You might’ve heard recently about Rockstar making that surprise announcement of a Grand Theft Auto V trailer being released into the seas of the internet. Well that trailer just came out and it looks great. Look below the cut to watch the trailer and some other details.
What we can speculate from the trailer:
- The Protagonist is most likely in his 50s, you can kind of see him around 0:40.
- Judging from his little monologue, he comes from money. Not sure if you’ll exactly start out with a million bucks in the game, but we’ll see.
- I would personally guess that it’s an aging Tommy Vercetti freshly moved from Vice City. But that’s just speculation at this point
- Vinewood sign at 1:10, so Los Santos being a locale in the game is pretty much confirmed.
- Judging from the mountains, the field of Wind Generators, and the crop-dusting scene that was shown, the big and diverse environments from San Andreas are coming back. This might also mean more than one city.
- There’s a dog right at 0:07. So they might either be just NPCs in the city or you might actually own one as a pet. I’d assume the former.
- An actual convertible at 0:22. Seems like you can actually control the top going up or down on certain cars.
- Silenced AKs at 0:48. Whether they’re just a specific weapon or if we can actually customize and upgrade different weapons is still a mystery
- The overall amount of detail is pretty astonishing, even in what seems to be an early build of the game. Some very nice lighting effects as well as textures on the pedestrians. You can even read a Hobo’s sign at around 0:58.
- Planes. There’s a cropduster plane and two different kinds of jets in the trailer. And do they look flyable!
That’s pretty much the major stuff. I could on and on about how great this trailer looks, but I’m still keen on hearing more details about the game itself. We’ll share those details with you when we get them ourselves.