To the surprise of… well… absolutely nobody this isn’t. Red Dead Redemption has been confirmed as being the best selling video game in the US this year, based on combined NPD platform sales figures.
The game sold over 1.5 million copies during its release month in May, at almost another million copies since then. It sounds like Red Dead Redemption is going to repeat the success of Rockstar’s other famous franchise and stick around in the charts for a while to come yet.
Second place goes to another no-brainer, New Super Mario Bros Wii, follow by Modern Warfare 2, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Wii Fit Plus…. ugh. You can get the full list over at IGN, or better yet, just look below!
1. New Super Mario Bros. Wii – Wii
2. Pokemon SoulSilver Version – Nintendo DS
3. Red Dead Redemption – Xbox 360
4. God of War III – PlayStation 3
5. Wii Fit Plus w/Balance Board – Wii
6. Wii Sports Resort w/ Wii Motion Plus – Wii
7. Pokemon HeartGold Version – Nintendo DS
8. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 – Xbox 360
9. Just Dance – Wii
10. Super Mario Galaxy 2 – Wii
Top Five Combined Platform Sales (Jan-Jun)
1. Red Dead Redemption (360,PS3)
2. New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii)
3. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2* (360,PS3)
4. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (360,PS3)
5. Wii Fit Plus* (Wii)
* = Sales across all platforms and bundles, CE, GOTY editions etc.